Tuesday, June 16, 2009

ImageMagick converts your images from the command line

I am sure there are many image converting programs on the internet and some are probably a lot more user friendly, but I recently used ImageMagick to resize some family photos to send to my family. (I know putting this on Facebook or Picassa would have solved this issue, but not everyone use these as often as email)

As I am sure most users know that image from cameras can be quite big and this tool will convert those images to the size and quality you desire.

All you need todo is install ImageMagick
Debian, ubuntu:
sudo apt-get intstall imagemagick

then run the convert command with your preferences
convert image.jpg -resize 800x600 -quality 70 -interlace PLANE image2.jpg

Violla.

No comments:

Post a Comment